Altered Bottle Art

Hello there! Wherever you are I hope and pray you are living a safe and healthy life.
I am here to share my new mixed media project, which I made on this Eid day to celebrate the day doing the thing I enjoy most.    


So here again this is upcycled art, as you know I love love love doing it, and I have done it again. 
Now to the materials and process---

Materials: 

1. Empty plastic bottle ( Mine is a used vinegar bottle) 
2. Acrylic paint (White, yellow, mango, and golden) 
3. Alcohol markers for the tag  
4. Handmade Gesso for texture
5. Tissue paper for texture 
6. Die-cut flowers and leaves 
7. Glue 8.Twine 9. Chipboard 10. Beads

Process:

1. At first, I have taken an empty plastic bottle which I washed thoroughly and then dried before reusing for making mixed media art.
2. Then I brushed some glue and pasted some tissue (you can use any kind of) on the bottle in a scattered way.
3. Then I coated the bottle thoroughly with yellow and mango acrylic paint. I also used a little amount of white acrylic paint to soften the color. 
4. After drying (under fan air) of the paint on the bottle, I pasted my handmade yellow flowers, white leaves, and chipboard on the bottle using white glue.
5. Then after waiting an adequate amount of time for attaching the flower, leaf, and chipboard on the bottle, I brushed a little amount of mango and golden acrylic on the flower and chipboard. Then I brushed white Gesso for texture and acrylic to make stripes on the flowers. I left the leaves as white as they were.
6.   Afterward, I made a mini tag and added a sentiment on that and colored the sentiment as I created stripes of colors with yellow and orange shades of alcohol markers. Then I decorated the tag with twine and bead.
7. As a final touch, I attached the tag to the bottle by binding the twine.

While creating this project I was inspired by the More Than Words - Funny and Stripes challenge. The creative challenge 'STRIPES', inspired me to use white handmade Gesso and mango color on the yellow flowers and I also created stripes on the cute little tag using shades of orange and yellow colors. I addressed the word challenge 'Funny' using the sentiment 'Be the reason someone smiles today', as I believe in bringing joy and fun in others' life is an important part of living and obviously making this project was absolute fun.  


The fun bright colors and flowers of the May mood board of Splashy Mix Challenge inspired me to choose the colors for my project. 


A tone of orange and flower used from the May moldboard of Mixed Media Place

I would also like to join the fun challenge: Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge #60

Some more close photos:



Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you liked my project. 
See you soon,
Sadia


Post a Comment

34 Comments

  1. Totally love all of it! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has to be one of the prettiest things you've made! Keep crafting ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty! Thank you for joining us at Splashymix Challenge! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so bright and sunny! Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at More Than Words Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous... thanks for joining us at Splashymix Challenges!!! Apoorva Agrawal,DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful project! Thank you for sharing it with us at More Than Words this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful alteration project. Thanks for playing along with us at Splashymix Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty alteration...thanks for joining us at Splashymix challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful altered bottle. Love it
    thanks for playing along with us at Splashymix Challenge
    Maria Pilar DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow very nice I love it, thanks for playing with us at MTW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its beautiful..love it😍😍
    Thanks for playing along at Splashymix Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for joining us at More Than Words ~ Elle xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So lovely! Thank you for joining us at Mixed Media Place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your appreciation. ❤

      Delete

  15. Well done! Thank you for participating in the challenge at MMP!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Cherish Every Moment